Friday 6 May 2016

Personal Introduction (Larry J. Eichel)

Good Evening Everyone,
My name is Larry Eichel and I'm currently a Senior pursuing a B. S. in Biology, Marine Biology concentration at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. I was born and raised in Clearwater, Florida and have always loved the ocean as well as the unique creatures that inhabit it. I have been passionate about marine biology since I was in high school and after serving four years in the United States Marine Corps as an infantryman, I decided it was time to pursue my true passion. I'm extremely fascinated by hydrothermal vents and hope to research them in graduate school. I also really enjoy deep sea ecology, fisheries management, and conservation biology. Additionally, I'm a Stranding Team Administrator at Clearwater Marine Aquarium and respond to, transport, necropsy, and work with West Indian manatees, cetaceans (i.e., primarily dolphins with the occasional whale), sea turtles, seabirds, and North American river otters.

A picture of my niece Rayna and I. 
A picture of my past life as a Marine.

My goals for this course are as follows:
  • Meet new people and network with future peers/colleagues
  • Gain hand's on experience in a variety of marine biology disciplines
  • Learn about each schools focus to determine if they would a good graduate school for me
  • Work as team to solve problems 
Most importantly, make new friends while practicing our shared passion. I look forward to meeting you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment