Monday 9 May 2016

Hello there

Hey everyone!
My name is Calli Sautter.
 I'm 23 and a junior, soon to be senior at University of West Florida. My hometown is non other than sweet home Alabama, but I've lived in the sunshine state for almost three years now. I am currently enlisted in the United States Air Force Reserve and recently returned home from a 7 month deployment, so needless to say I'm a little rusty in the school mindset, but look forward to getting back up to speed. I've also worked in the restaurant industry for about 7 years give or take, so I'm generally a very busy person which is of one of the limitless reasons as to my excitement level for this trip. Having the availability to put 100% focus into my aspired career of marine biology has only ever been a dream until now. Unfortunately, because of my busy life style, I do not have many hobbies. I have a zombie infatuation and I love cooking. I usually spend any free time I have trying to visit family between Georgia (where I have a one year old, growing and beautiful sister) and Alabama, as well as spending time with my boyfriend of three years here in Navarre. I have taken the time to acquire my Advanced Open Water certs for diving, but I'll admit, it has also been a hot minute since I have been able to visit our underwater world. I am eager and excited for this trip, but just as admittedly nervous as well since I have been out of the game for what seems like an eternity. Honestly, everything I expect to gain from this course is all listed in perfect detail on the syllabus. A lot of friends, family, bosses and coworkers all give me a questioning look when I begin to explain what this course will entail, but I usually give a brief summary. We will be exploring the vast ecosystems that make up the state of Florida, ranging between the mangroves, the barrier coral reef at the keys, lakes and rivers, exploring the gulf, Everglades etc., essentially grasping the main idea of what marine biology entails and the human impacts we have on our oceans. I hope everyone is doing well and getting just as excited for this trip as I am! I look forward to meeting all of you!
Happy packing!
Calli





No comments:

Post a Comment