Monday 16 May 2016

Intro Week UNF



First week at UNF was great! The first day was spent going over all the things to come from the course. Then the swim and snorkel test came. Those tests were rougher than we all expected but we made it for the whole ten minutes treading water GO US!! Day two we went  to GTMNERR and helped move Sparatina alterflora  future restoration purposes. It wasn't as messy as I thought it was going to be but it definitely got muddy at times. The next thing we did was testing water quality at least my group did. I have never done that type of testing before so I learned quite a bit doing it. Flying the drone came next, I thought that was the best part of the whole day! I mean who gets to fly a drone in their life. We rounded out our day kayaking on the water. Me and MK had the canoe and it was not as easy as I thought it would be. The canoe kept moving to the right no matter what we did,  but finally on the way back to shore we figured out how to work it. Now on to week two keep you posted :)


    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment