Monday 20 June 2016

A whole oil change later!

3742.5 miles later the Marine Field Studies Trip I looked forward to all semester has come to an end. Deciding to attend this class was one of the best decisions I have made in my college career. Starting out a a freshman I know I had an interest in science but I was not sure exactly what it was I wanted to do. One of the biggest reasons I attended this course was because I hoped I could find my niche in science and I did! I loved working with the corals and the inverts. Being able to have a hands on learning experience made college more exciting. It was not just learning about the organisms in the book but being able to observe them in their natural environment and interact with them that made this trip a dream!
Being able to work with all the different professors and scientists were an amazing experience. We are able to hear how everyone found their passion in science and how they got to where they were today. We were also able to build relationships with them and learn about grad school opportunities.
I would highly recommend this class to anyone who is thinking about starting a career in the Marine Science/Biology field. You get credit for having fun in the sun and building new relationships with peers and possible professors.
Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible!








No comments:

Post a Comment