Sunday 12 June 2016

What's an Argo?

It's Already the Last Week?!

I can't believe that this trip is almost over! I feel like we were just here at UNF for intro week yesterday. :( Our week at UWF consisted of doing beach surveying, hiking in a protected long leaf pine forest, and seeing rare dune lakes! It was a very hot week with lots of physical activity which made us all pretty tired at the end. While hiking 4 miles on the beach we saw a freshly laid sea turtle's nest that had just been laid that morning, which was pretty awesome to witness. We also got the chance to tour the EPA lab earlier in the week. It was cool to see all of the different projects that they're working on and see behind the scenes. I could absolutely see myself working there in the future and am thankful I got to see it while we were in Pensacola. The lab was actually on a little island and was more like a tropical paradise than a research facility. UWF was definitely gorgeous and Pensacola was more than I expected! Last, but not least, Dr. Ebble was awesome and I learned so much from him and everyone else who helped out this week. It was fun ending the week going to the Blue Wahoos game and hanging out with Dr. Ebble, too. It was a week I will never forget! Thank you Dr. Ebble & UWF!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment