Sunday 19 June 2016

Adios FIO You Will Be Missed!

What a week to wrap up our five and a half weeks of traveling and learning. We ended back at UNF which included the long, but rewarding, 24-hour survey study. Wow was that a doozy! Even though I only managed to squeeze an hour nap, I still had a great time. We also toured around different beaches of the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area and got to see how each was different and how they were impacted my humans. The coolest part for me was getting to help release a baby shark that was beached back safely into the water, SO AWESOME! We also got side tracked by all of the shark teeth all over the beaches, I already can't wait to visit those beaches again!
This class is something I will never forget and I will truly cherish all the memories and new friendships forever. I learned so so much and my expectations were completely blown away! Each place was a perfect spot to add to the coursework and they were all so different, but all in Florida (so crazy!). The professors made learning so unique and personal, and the students were all so like-minded with different personalities, which made traveling and living together for over a month so fun and never dull! I want to thank everyone who helped make this course so special! It was truly unforgettable! Not everyone gets to experience something like this, so this will help get my foot in the door for my future in marine science!
A HUGE thank you to all the professors, FIO, our amazing TA Corey, the visiting speakers and teachers, and to all the other students who made this class so so awesome!!! Adios Spartina Spartans!






No comments:

Post a Comment