Monday 20 June 2016

Final Thoughts and Closing Remarks (Larry J. Eichel)

Good Morning Everyone,

A photo of the group at the coquina outcroppings near St. Augustine, Florida.
These last six and a half weeks have been a wonderful experience in which I was able to work closely with like minded peers, make new friends, meet potential colleagues, meet interesting professors, researchers, scientists, and naturalists, learn more about graduate school from graduate students, contribute to local academic studies and statewide projects, observe each schools research discipline which helped me to determine potential graduate schools I would like to attend, learned about potential internships, opportunities, and jobs in marine biology field, expand my personal scientific knowledge and understanding, and most importantly grow as a person.


A photo of me snorkeling at Looe Key.
I've learned so much over the past six and half weeks and I feel grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in such a dynamic, field work oriented, and holistic marine biology course. This course will continue to serve me in my future endeavors (i.e., internships, research opportunities, jobs, graduate school selection, and in selecting my specific research topic).

A photo of my group standing on the bow of a research vessel after collecting
nearshore Gulf of Mexico plankton samples.
I would like to take a moment and thank all the people who were involved in the collaboration of this course. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience in which I feel I will use these skills for years to come. 

A photo of Arin and I attempting to identify a deep sea squid using a dichotomous
key.







No comments:

Post a Comment