Sunday 12 June 2016

Still wondering about Weatherbird I

This week has definitely changed things for me. Going on a cruise on the Weatherbird II was the highlight of...well my life. It was absolutely incredible and I'd do it over and over again. Being on that gorgeous vessel is my new happy place. I was able to learn all about the CTD, chemical oceanography and how important it is. I also learned how to use several sampling methods such as a neuston net. We were able to observe some pretty awesome specimen. As awesome as the field work was I definitely enjoyed classroom time and learning all about the open ocean, stable isotopes, and leatherbacks. I can't even say that the weather ruined my week because it was still so great. I feel as if I can now call myself a scientist after everything I've learned to do this week. I've always been a huge lover of dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees but I have a new love for sea hares. I just think they're so adorable and squishy and I want to learn all about them. I've also recently purchased a few oceanic field guides so I can't wait to read them! This class is going by way too quickly! I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again but I will miss this experience and my new marine bio family once it all ends. Thank you Dr. Judkins for such an awesome week here in St. Pete! I can't wait to see you again sometime in the future.
The fam

No comments:

Post a Comment