Saturday 18 June 2016

This is Just the Beginning

Words will not be able to describe how amazing this experience has been. Not only was I introduced to so many aspects of marine biology but  met a family along the way.

Week 1 with Dr. Smith & Dr. Hackney 

Our Macaroon <3
 Just from our intro week I knew we were all going to get along. We have traveled all over the state together and shared so many memories. I'm so excited to have new friends in my classes who are                                                       marine bio majors! But I'm also going to miss my USFSP people.

Blue Wahoos!
 Because of these past 5 weeks I feel so much more knowledgeable about oceanography and ecology. The beach will never be the same for me (it'll be even better). I can't wait to see where our futures lead us. I know we're all going to be successful. I feel so much more confident in my personal abilities. I've learned how to survey seagrasses, core sediments, and ID several fish, coral, and algae. I just wanted to say thank you to all of the professors who have taught me so much in such a short amount of time. I will definitely carry this course with me for the rest of my career. Since it's hard to put this class into words here are some of my favorite memories from this trip. Until next time everyone, thank you and goodnight!
The fam




No comments:

Post a Comment